Saturday, April 2, 2016

April 2, The Day of "Interestingness"

Yes, "interestingness."  I know it's not a real word so I guess I've added a word to my version of the English language!  Anyway, I use this word because it adequately describes today - interesting and eventful.

The day was started by helping a friend who lives in an apartment rearrange her storage unit in the building.  That went quickly and easily, and after that we went to the Gregg's restaurant for lunch.  Both this friend and my mom had a few things to get at Walmart, so we headed down the road to there after we had gotten through with our lunch.  Going to a grocery store on a weekend is a mistake - very few parking spaces available, lots of people...and those ride-on things at stores they give the handicapped, yeah, I almost got hit by one of those because the driver wasn't paying attention - but that's okay.

After we had finished our shopping, our friend was done checking out first so I went out to the car with her, helped her load up her groceries, and we waited in the car for my mom and sister.  I kept my door open just because I wanted to get out and help my mom and sister unload when they got out of the store.  Just after I had gotten into the car, when it was just the friend and me out there, the owner of the car next to ours starts it up - it took 2 tries, and then when it started up successfully, the shrillest shriek you could ever imagine comes from this car.  My door was open, so I shut it which blocked most of the noise.  The car lingered in its spot for a minute and then finally drove away.

As we were making our way out of the plaza, suddenly our right windshield wiper breaks, so we stop (in case you aren't in New England it was raining yesterday and more today).  All four of us emerged from the car and put the wiper inside, and I briefly looked for the clip that held it down around the car.  Found it under the hood.  Our friend did a makeshift "repair job" by using a plastic bag and an elastic band.  We made it home all right, but thankfully that happened in the plaza and not in the middle of the road.

We had Indian food for dinner tonight (yeah, we went out to eat last night, this afternoon and we had takeout this evening, so 3 meals from 3 different restaurants in less than 24 hours).  Now we're watching the movie Chicken Run, which is hilarious.  Tomorrow morning we have church, and after that who knows what the day will bring us?  Maybe a day like today?  Psalm 118:24 says, "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."    

No comments:

Post a Comment