Wednesday, December 21, 2016

One of My Favorite Topics - Real Estate!

Hello fanatics of Life's Incredible Wonders!  Before I get to the real point of this post, I just want to say a big thank you to all of you who have viewed this blog in the past year.  When I signed in just now, I had 2,693 page views!  What would make me even gladder is if I got to 3,000 by my 15th birthday (2/6/17) and maybe even gain another follower or two.  And as always, I know this blog can often fall into a state of inactivity, so please, if you have any ideas on what I should start posting, please send me a message via the contact form you will see displayed on the right margin of this page.

And now to this post's target - real estate.  Let me just start off by saying that I've been obsessed with the topic of real estate for nearly 2 years.  It all began when I somehow noticed our old house, which we sold in 2009, was once again on the market.  I decided to scroll through the pictures and see how many changes had been done since we moved out (I began to wonder if it was the same house!  While the new owner only painted it looked like, it looked a lot different).  A few days later, I decided to look up the house again, and then after I had scrolled through the pictures again, I noticed some nearby listings on the screen.  So, I decided to look at those.  Before long, I was browsing listings in other towns. I began to look at new listings a few times a week.

Today, I browse Zillow for new listings in my town and a few others each and every day, probably multiple times.  Many days that's one of the first things I do when I wake up in the morning.  I normally look at seven main towns or cities in my state, but I also branch out sometimes.  I even look in other states!  Any good-looking home with great curb appeal most likely has my attention, any good-looking home $500,000 or more has my attention, and any home $1 million or over definitely has my attention.  I say this not because I'm jealous of other people's houses (although, I admit, sometimes I probably am), but because I am a lover of fine houses, so I like to look at ones in my area.  However, the only type of property I really look at are houses.  I have very little interest in vacant lots, total rehabilitations, or commercial properties.  The only other types I look at would be condominiums and apartments, and I like even many of those.  I've looked at real estate so much that I could walk up to pretty much anyone I know and tell them exactly how many square feet are in their home, how many bedrooms they have, or the size of their lot!  I also like a few particular real estate shows, some of which involve renovation.

So, even if you have no particular interest in real estate, you may enjoy browsing new listings in your area.  If you like interior design, looking at pictures of new listings is a way you'd get to see how other people's homes are decorated.  It may sound creepy, but it's actually quite fun!   

1 comment:

  1. And I also have to add that if there's a free real estate magazine anywhere near me in public, my immediate thoughts are, "Get out of my way, that magazine is mine!" I'm looking at a collection of 13 magazines now and I can tell you right now I definitely have more put away in different places!

    ReplyDelete