Saturday, July 23, 2016

Bible Verses to Live By

These are some Bible verses I love and think are great to live by.  We live in a world of danger and turmoil and life for the Christian is not supposed to be easy.  We need encouragement in these trying times and these verses I find to be very encouraging.  May we continue to press on toward our goal, our sole purpose - to glorify God and enjoy Him forever (from the Westminster Catechism).  I hope you find these verses encouraging and great to remember as we go through with our daily lives.

"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and My Redeemer." - Psalm 19:14

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My Power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice." - Proverbs 12:15

"Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need." - Hebrews 4:16

"Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart." - Proverbs 3:3

"You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men." - 1 Corinthians 7:23

"Be still, and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

"Restore me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit." - Psalm 51:12

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." - Romans 8:28

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6




1 comment: