Monday, January 18, 2016

Meditation of the Day

"Destroy, O Lord, divide their tongues; for I see violence and strife in the city.  Day and night they go around it on its walls, and iniquity and trouble are within it; ruin is in its midst; oppression and fraud do not depart from its marketplace.  For it is not an enemy who taunts me--then I could bear it; it is not an adversary who deals insolently with me--then I could hide from him.  But it is you, a man, my equal, my companion, my familiar friend.  We used to take sweet counsel together; within God's house we walked in the throng.  Let death steal over them; let them go down to Sheol alive; for evil is in their dwelling place and their heart.  But I call to God, and the Lord will save me.  Evening and morning and at noon I utter my complaint and moan, and He hears my voice.  He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me.  God will give ear and humble them, He Who is enthroned from of old, because they do not change and do not fear God." - Psalm 55:9-19 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment