Sunday, February 7, 2016

My 14th Birthday: February 6, 2016

Yesterday was my 14th birthday, as you saw in the title.  Let's just say it was one of the most interesting ones yet.  Why?  Let me tell you.

It all began when my sister and I stayed up through the night on Friday (yes, we like to do that sometimes and our first time was in November 2014 - we've done it ten times including then!).  The night was spent watching Little House on the Prairie & Dennis the Menace, playing Nintendo Wii and a bit of Uno, and much more!  

I didn't get to have one surprise on my actual birthday due to my dad accidentally revealing my gift!  Anyway I still got that gift, it wasn't shipped back.  So my sister and I started playing that game but didn't finish - it's still spread out on our table!  I suppose that will make a great Sunday afternoon activity!

I finally turned officially 14 just after 3:30pm.  After then I spent a few minutes ranting on about how I couldn't believe I was already that ancient!

At 5:45pm we left to go to dinner at my favorite buffet restaurant that I was introduced to a couple of years ago.  But first, we went to Benny's for windshield wipers - a couple of ours had been broken with the ice and snowfall on Friday.  But when we got there I comprised my meal of calamari squid; clams; dinner rolls; shrimp, crab and zucchini; cheesecake, pudding and more!  I was even ironic enough to go to their fruits table and get some oranges....and lemons!  Yes, I love lemons plain and help myself to them every time I go to that restaurant!  When we were about to leave, I went into the bathroom to wash my hands and the place wreaked of cigarette smoke!  So I quickly turned on the faucet, did the best job I could with washing, dried my hands and ran quickly out of there and waited in the hallway for my sister who was also in the bathroom.  After I told my parents about the awful smoke smell we thought that someone had probably sneaked in there to smoke (there were signs that made it clear that no smoking was to be done inside the building).  Let's just say that the smell was so strong that I carried it home with me.  

My birthday was concluded with a family game of Mario Kart on Nintendo Wii, and as well as my birthday it was my lucky day - I won!  But above all, I really enjoyed my birthday and I look forward to working on my 15th year, the year that is yet to come.

2 comments:

  1. In addition to all of that, we also ran into a lady at the restaurant that we're calling "The Awkward Lady." A bit more than halfway through our meal, a random lady comes walking toward us, stops at our table and stares at us for a good 10-15 seconds at least. Then she says, "I've lost someone" and just continues on walking. It was very strange indeed, yes!

    ReplyDelete