Sunday, February 21, 2016

Nature Photography!

I just found this neat picture that I took last spring on my computer.  Since I took it it's served as my Skype picture, briefly my Pinterest picture and also the picture on the e-mail me, two friends and my sister share.  So now it's time to let the world in on my secret picture!

Chandler Smith, Blogger

One thing I really like about this photograph is its background.  The light purple lilac looks great with the wooded background and the scene is complete with the leaves dangling over the flower.  But the thing that really gets me is that God made this beautiful picture.  If it weren't for Him, we would have nothing and this includes the beauty of the earth that is ours to enjoy.  It also reminds us that God is our Creator and He has the power to do anything that He sees fit.  I also believe that this picture could serve as an excellent reminder that the world may look good (and by saying this I mean nature), but it's actually filled with evil, hate, crime and so many other acts of sin.  We must never think that this world is good, never.  Romans 12:2 ESV says, "Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."  This means that we obviously live in the world, but we should not be like the world.  So there's nothing wrong with admiring the earth's beautiful scenery and other natural wonders, but that is not what the world is like.  We may think we are secure every minute and that nothing bad will happen to us.  That's a big mistake.  As I said, there is a lot of evil on this planet.  So in closing, let us not worry about standing out from the crowd or what others think of us and just faithfully be set apart from the world.  Things will not always go well if we do this, but at least we will be doing what is right in the eyes of the Lord, which is to glorify him in all that we do always.

4 comments:

  1. And what I mean by saying that the world is not good is that there is so much evil out there, which I mentioned. We can all be evil at times but what I mean specifically by saying this is that the world puts up with a lot of violence. Attacks and massacres are happening everywhere and it's scary. However, through all of these traumas, let us remain faithful to the Lord for the rest of our days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! Its really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Blogger Girl. What's even harder to believe is that I took that with my laptop camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved this picture ever since you took it~

    ReplyDelete