Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Ups & Downs of February 3

Let me just say that today has been interesting.  Very interesting.

It all started when my sister wanted to do her schoolwork in my parents' bedroom.  Okay then, the room that's in the basement and my dad was working on finishing part of the basement.  Who knows why my sister, RhodeIslandBlogger, would want to be near the workscene but okay.

The sound of sirens will not escape my mind.  I live on the U.S. Route 1, one of the busiest streets in the state other than highways.  Having a fire station maybe 160-175 yards away from my house also contributes to that, but today was busier than usual for the fire department!  I don't know whether it was just a huge handful of little calls or a big fire or something, but my word there were so many sirens today!

It starts to pour and my tiger cat, Prince, insists on going outside and runs under one of the cars.  Smart kitty he is - not really.  He should've just stayed in.  Then he wanted to go out again about an hour later, and when he saw that it was still pouring he hid in the stack of wood we have on our porch.  Just stay inside cat instead of just going outside to get drenched!

The day was concluded at dinner when my dad checks his phone and says, "Ah, our Amazon order of Ticket to Ride Europe has shipped."  How unfortunate that this board game was going to be my birthday gift (my birthday is this Saturday, February 6).  Goodness gracious, that's never happened before!  

Anyway, today was quite interesting and eventful and I enjoyed it.  Psalm 118:24 says "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."  So any day, eventful or uneventful, interesting or boring, it is best that we follow this holy guideline that God has given us through His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment