Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Snowball Smith!

Hi everyone!  Sorry that my blogs have been idle for so long, I've just been busy with school and other things.  I was sick Saturday-Sunday and really couldn't think of anything to share with you in an ill state.  But I'm fine now and would like to tell you about a hamster I got yesterday.  His name is Snowball (I'm still thinking of a middle name for him), so obviously he's white.  I was considering Snowflake as well but Snowball better suited him.  I was also thinking about naming him Powder but I felt that Powder didn't fit just quite with a male hamster (besides, 2.5 years ago our cat died, whose name was Powder).  What also helped in deciding against the name Powder was that I was 11 when the cat died and she had been around since well before I was born (my dad had her before my parents were married in 1998) so I was just used to Powder as being a name for a female animal.  Anyway, let me just say it will take me a little while to get used to him being mine.  The employee at Petco who got him out of the cage for me said that I would need to tame him a bit and she asked if I was okay with that.  I said I was.  A small part of the reason I still picked him is because he was the only hamster who had his own cage - all the other hamsters were in pairs or in sets of three, and I'm just not the person to separate them.  But I liked him especially otherwise so I still chose him.  He hasn't been out of his cage yet but he is adjusting to his new home and family.  He loves to run in his wheel and climb on the bars of his cage (he kept me awake with the running a good portion of last night).  Once he's used to his new surroundings I'll bring the cage out here during the days to let him be with us.  Once I can handle him I will put him in his ball and let him roll around on the floor.  I was also told that he'll grow some more so I have that to look forward to.  He is still very new to this house but he'll adapt quickly.  I'm looking forward to an excellent few years with Snowball Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment