Sunday, December 20, 2015

I Feel Like I'm Running A Bakery!

Okay, so no one would dare say that I was lazy yesterday (Lol I'm not threatening!).  My family's tradition for a couple years now has been that we choose a couple of widowers and a couple of widows from our church and bake cookies for them.  So, this year we chose 2 of each gender.  We made three varieties of cookies ~ oatmeal with M&Ms, peanut butter, and snickerdoodles.  So altogether, my sister and I baked 17 dozen cookies ~ I spent almost 5 hours on and off in the kitchen, which was most of my afternoon.  We're only giving away 8 dozen cookies--2 dozen to each person--so we got 9 dozen for us.  After I had put the last few cookies away, we left for my cousin's 15th family birthday celebration.  Oh yeah, and after the first batch of peanut butter cookies were baking, I said to my sister, "I feel like I'm running a bakery!"  But that's okay.  We know these people will appreciate our little gifts.  They have before, and they always did, so why wouldn't they appreciate them today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure those folks appreciated your kindness no need to fret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't fretting, Naturelove21. Just sharing a busy afternoon over Everything Imaginable!

      Delete