Thursday, December 10, 2015

Psalm of the Day

"I will extol You, O Lord, for You have drawn me up and have not let my foes rejoice over me.  O Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You have healed me.  O Lord, You have brought up my soul from Sheol; You restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit.  Sing praises to the Lord, O you His saints, and give thanks to His holy name.  For His anger is but for a moment, and His favor is for a lifetime.  Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.  As for me, I said in my prosperity, "I shall never be moved."  By Your favor, O Lord, You made my mountain stand strong; You hid Your face; I was dismayed.  To You, O Lord, I cry, and to the Lord I plead for mercy: "What profit is there in my death, if I go down to the pit?  Will the dust praise You?  Will it tell of Your faithfulness?  Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me!  O Lord, be my helper!"  You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing Your praise and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever!" ~ Psalm 30:1-12 ESV

*I'm just letting you know that there are some longer Psalms in the Bible ~ the longest Psalm, Psalm 119, has 176 verses but is broken up into 22 sections.  So, for those longer Psalms, I will be posting one of those sections a day.  So that means when we get to Psalm 119, we will be in it for 22 days.  It just saves some time for both of us ~ it'd take me an eternity to type it and it'd take you an eternity to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment