Sunday, December 27, 2015

Meditation of the Day

"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for You, O God.  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When shall I come and appear before God?  My tears have been my food day and night, while they say to me all the day long, "Where is your God?"  These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I would go with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God with glad shouts and songs of praise, a multitude keeping festival.  Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?  Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him, my salvation and my God.  My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.  Deep calls to deep at the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have gone over me.  By day the Lord commands His steadfast love, and at night His song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life.  I say to God, my Rock: "Why have You forgotten me?  Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"  As with a deadly wound in my bones, my adversaries taunt me, while they say to me all the day long, "Where is your God?"  Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me?  Hope in God; for again I shall praise Him, my salvation and my God." ~ Psalm 42:1-11 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment