Monday, December 21, 2015

Meditation of the Day

Today the same thing is happening as happened with Psalm 37 - Psalm 38 has 22 verses so I'm going to break it up into two days.  That will leave us to begin Psalm 39 on Wednesday.  However, if I have to break it up, it will be shifted off to Friday because on Thursday--also known as Christmas Eve--I'm going to be posting the Christmas story from Luke 2.  Also, as I was signing in to make this post I made the blog's thousandth pageview!

"O Lord, rebuke me not in Your anger, nor discipline me in Your wrath!  For Your arrows have sunk into me, and Your hand has come down on me.  There is no soundness in my flesh because of Your indignation; there is no health in my bones because of my sin.  For my iniquities have gone over my head; like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me.  My wounds stink and fester because of my foolishness, I am utterly bowed down and prostrate; all the day I go about mourning.  For my sides are filled with burning, and there is no soundness in my flesh.  I am feeble and crushed; I groan because of the tumult of my heart.  O Lord, all my longing is before You; my sighing is not hidden from You.  My heart throbs; my strength fails me, and the light of my eyes--it also has gone from me.  My friends and companions stand aloof from my plague, and my nearest kin stand far off." ~ Psalm 38:1-11 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment