Monday, November 9, 2015

"I Pledge Allegiance to the Flag"

"I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all." ~ The American Pledge of Allegiance

Soon we enter into Veterans' Day.  It's a great time for parades and celebration, but the real meaning of this holiday is to honor and remember the veterans, many of which gave their lives to gain the liberty we have today.  I have a nice large American flag, and on Wednesday I am watching a local parade.  I am bringing the flag with me, as I have been doing for every Memorial Day and Veterans' Day since 2013.  I don't do this to show off, but rather to signify my appreciation for the veterans.  These people are people that all Americans should show appreciation for.  Do you do the same?

1 comment: